My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Someone know where is the module SGW on a Jeep Compass 2018.

I bought a Bypass SGW, but i don't know where connect it

Thank you

·
Registered
170 Posts
Before you rip the dash apart, you might want to check if you need the bypass module. I have a 2018, but don't have the SGW module.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m curious, how do you tell if you need the bypass? Waiting for my 8.4 to arrive. Hopefully it’s largely plug and play. But I’ve seen some nightmare stories on here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’m curious, how do you tell if you need the bypass? Waiting for my 8.4 to arrive. Hopefully it’s largely plug and play. But I’ve seen some nightmare stories on here.
It depends on the system your coming from. If it is a 7" then you should be mostly fine but us 2017.5 folks that come from a 5" screen it is a little more involved. Follow the guide that was made from the 7" swap and you should be good. 5" is a whole diffent thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
gazano: On my 2019 jeep compass sport. The SGW was located way in front of the dash. You need to take the dash apart and the lower trim panel under the steering wheel at knee level.Very difficult to remove. You will also have to modify the infotainment security bypass module In order for this bypass module to read the middle can bus open it and solder a wire across pins A1 and A2 then a wire across pins A8 and A9 as per Alexey at Alfaobd. Once this was done it read the middle can bus and I then was able to do the proxi alignment using the gray cable when called for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, i'm in the same situation. i've bought the bypass but i can't find where to install. i removed all the plastic case under the steering wheel, saw and unplug all cables for about 2 hour but.... i can't find the right cable for plug the bypass.
someone can help me?
thx
bye

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think the bypass for the compass is behind the gauge cluster did you also remove that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i can touch the plug, but i have big hand and it's no easy to press the little tab and unplug, especially the second one.
Now i'm waiting to test the bypass with MultiEcuScan software, i'm in warranty period, but i'd like to activate some features.

In this forum someone has succesfully activate AdaptiveCruiseControl aftermarket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts