My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4 and was wondering if it had a cabin air filter? I seen a video about it being behind the glove box but the pressing in on the sides to pull it down easily does not work on mine and I don't want to force it and break it. I was hoping that someone in here would know?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, pressing on the two wings at the sides of the compartment, will, with lots of grunting and groaning, eventually allow access to the cabin filter. May experience sore thumbs and such. I've replaced mine several times and have never broken anything. When replacing the filter, watch the arrows when you replace it. Mort

·
Registered
11 Posts
2018 Jeep Compass Cabin Air Filter

I have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk and was told by my local Jeep Dealership/Garage that my Jeep does not have a cabin air filter. I have been looking it up online and in my owners manual and have not found anything on 2018. Can someone confirm?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass Trailhawk and was told by my local Jeep Dealership/Garage that my Jeep does not have a cabin air filter. I have been looking it up online and in my owners manual and have not found anything on 2018. Can someone confirm?
I was able to find this OEM Jeep cabin air filter online. It's supposed to fit your model. You can verify fitment by entering your VIN on the page just to make sure it's correct for your vehicle. Here's a link to the page for reference https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-filter-cabin-air~5058693aa.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey peeps, I know this is an older thread but I need to resurrect it temporarily....I've got a new to me 2018 Compass Altitude and I tried to replace the Cabin filter. On the drivers side of the glove box theres a contraption with a small belt on it that allows the door to open slowly. When you press both sides in to try and gain access to the filter, the 'contraption' wont allow the box to swing out of the way. Does anyone know for a fact the filter is behind there or if theres actually a cabin filter being used in this model? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
62 Posts
Hey peeps, I know this is an older thread but I need to resurrect it temporarily....I've got a new to me 2018 Compass Altitude and I tried to replace the Cabin filter. On the drivers side of the glove box theres a contraption with a small belt on it that allows the door to open slowly. When you press both sides in to try and gain access to the filter, the 'contraption' wont allow the box to swing out of the way. Does anyone know for a fact the filter is behind there or if theres actually a cabin filter being used in this model? Thanks
The quote below is from the following thread: Jeep Compass MP Cabin Filter

It's located behind glove box. But it's not simple to access. In the Dodge Caliber and the old Jeep Compass it was an easy process.
But why keep things simple. For the new Compass you have to remove the bezel on the right side (when passenger door is open). Remove the screw beneath that bezel. Remove that cloth beneath the glove box. There are hidden screws you must remove. Then open the glove box. There are the next screws to be removed. Then pry out the entire glove box compartment. After that you find a small vertical bar that has to be unscrewed and removed. And then you finally reach the filter's housing and can replace it.
Have fun!
You may want to read through that entire thread.

It has also been stated elsewhere on this forum that the procedure is very similar to the Jeep Renegade, and there is a video for the Renegade here:

If you do change your filter please let us know how similar it really is to the Renegade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts