My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a set of 19"x7.5" Caliber SRT4 rims. These need some TLC but i plan to paint them anyways. Gonna order some Hankook evo v12 tires, spacers, and new lugs. and have it ready for once the snow is gone. In the first pic they look really big sitting in front of my stock wheel but its an illusion. Stock overall diameter is 27.15", and these are 26.97". Also im not gonna use the Ram head center cap im gonna use the jeep center cap and make it look legit.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Very cool, nice find!!!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx im gonna finish repairing them tomorrow night then paint them some time after christmas. 1 rim had a 7" section of curb damage

2 had minor curb damage, and 1 was fine. I found this great guide on a ford focus forum.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112771

Useing JB Weld to rebuild the damaged section then taking it down with a metal file and sand paper. the end result turns out great ill post pics once the repair is complete

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Nice work so far, thanks for the progress pic!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just a quick update i got holidays coming up in Feb so ill be completing the painting of my srt rims, along with other jeep related projects.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Looking forward to it, especially the other Jeep related projects, always cool to see what you're going to do next. You should do a teaser thread where you post a pic of what part of the Compass you're working on, see how many people can guess what you're doing. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
19 Posts
if u havnt welded the wheels yet u could also us a all metal putty... that what we would do in my shop.. i work autobody..... but might be hard to find unless u went to a autobody shop and asked but welding may be easier if u have access to it

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Test fitting the 19's, i will need about a 1 inch spacer to keep a good space between the tire and strut once the 245's are mounted on the rims.

picked up all my paint and materials, got the tires dismounted, and started painting the rims earlier today. Pictures will follow upon completion

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I really love those rims, just sweet looking!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
19 Posts
cant wait to see how they look i wanna go with a 20" 5 spoke like those... if anyones seen the startech compass...... thats the look im gonna try and go for.. just gotta figure out how to make a front cover mouldin to look similar or totaly custom... been brain stoming with guys at work but nothin seems to be coming to mind...... have any ideas im all ears... and again cant wait to see the wheels mounted!!!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
wow............another great job..........Sheck......can't wait to see them on.........in spring that is !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Beautiful work Shecky, I definitely look forward to seeing those installed!!!

- Cherokee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts