My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum, I just purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass Sport. I bought it from a gmc lot and it was a little low on coolant, they didn’t fill it because they didn’t have the correct coolant there and didn’t want to mix it. I cannot find the coolant that I need. According to my manual I need Mopar OAT coolant that meets MS.90032, which I cannot find anywhere. If anyone knows where to find it please let me know. Thank you so much and I look forward to being a part of this page.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I'm sure a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership service department could sell you some or maybe would be able to top it off for free if you catch them in the right mood.

·
Registered
Laser Blue 2019 Jeep Compass Latitude, Black 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
18 Posts
Really? It's listed as compatible with all Chrysler vehicles.

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
...I cannot find the coolant that I need. According to my manual I need Mopar OAT coolant that meets MS.90032, which I cannot find anywhere...
Unfortunately MS.90032 coolant does not seem to exist (at least in the USA). If you go to a Jeep parts department they will sell you MS-12106 for your Jeep, it is also an OAT coolant.

There are those who say that MS-12106 is identical to DEX-Cool, but I haven't found conclusive proof of that. If you want to do some reading on this subject do a search for MS-90032 or MS-12106 on the bobistheoilguy.com forum.

The only evidence I have found is that ZEREX DEX-Cool "meets or exceeds" MS-12106, keep in mind the ZEREX formula might not be identical to other brands of DEX-Cool coolants so other brands may not meet the MS-12106 specification.

If you want to be safe go to a Jeep dealer to buy your coolant, I can almost guarantee they will sell you MS-12106.

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately MS.90032 coolant does not seem to exist (at least in the USA). If you go to a Jeep parts department they will sell you MS-12106 for your Jeep, it is also an OAT coolant.

There are those who say that MS-12106 is identical to DEX-Cool, but I haven't found conclusive proof of that. If you want to do some reading on this subject do a search for MS-90032 or MS-12106 on the bobistheoilguy.com forum.

The only evidence I have found is that ZEREX DEX-Cool "meets or exceeds" MS-12106, keep in mind the ZEREX formula might not be identical to other brands of DEX-Cool coolants so other brands may not meet the MS-12106 specification.

View attachment 14176

If you want to be safe go to a Jeep dealer to buy your coolant, I can almost guarantee they will sell you MS-12106.
Thank you so much, I’m going to go ahead and try and order this

·
Super Moderator
163 Posts
I was just on the Valvoline website and it looks like they changed the name from ZEREX Dex-Cool to ZEREX American Vehicle.

It still meets the MS-12106 specification:
US_Val_ZXAmerican_AFC_EN.pdf - DocuSign CLM

I should have mentioned above that the ZEREX coolant is a 5 year/150,000 mile coolant, while the Mopar coolant is 10 year/150,000 mile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts