My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, questions in the title, im asking as i dont want to try it, and have a dead battery. Currently i unplug and replug everytime i drive but id obviously prefer to just leave it plugged in. Anyone know if it will drain the battery?

·
Registered
118 Posts
The front is powered only when in the ACC or RUN mode. Safe to leave it plugged in.
The rear one in the hatch area comes from the factory set up to be on when in ACC or Run mode but can be changed to powered all of the time by moving a fuse in the fuse panel under the hood.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front is powered only when in the ACC or RUN mode. Safe to leave it plugged in.
The rear one in the hatch area comes from the factory set up to be on when in ACC or Run mode but can be changed to powered all of the time by moving a fuse in the fuse panel under the hood.
Sorry forgot to mention its 2013 jeep compass if that changes anything? Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention its 2013 jeep compass if that changes anything? Thanks for the reply
If you can get hold of an cigarette plug adapter with a led on it, plug it in with the engine switched off. If the LED lits up and is glowing constantly, then definitely there will be battery drain, though not much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts