My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching all Amazon, Ebay, Crutchfield, Google, etc... And couldn't find the right wire harness for connecting an aftermarket radio. I could find what they claim to be the right ones for 2007 compass like B006C4BZKC, XSVI-6502, etc... But actually, looking at what I have they are not exactly the same.

Basically, the wire colours that I've seen on the internet have 2 yellow on one side (battery) and 2 black on the other extreme (ground). Well, mine have one yellow and one black on one of the sides. It actually follows this diagram pretty well: modifiedlife.com/2007-jeep-compass-car-stereo-wiring-diagram/

I'm now stuck with a new aftermarket radio but I can't find the right wires. As some wire descriptions are also missing from the diagram I couldn't do it manually...

Any help would be much appreciated!

(Attached a picture of the actual wires)

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I used the Scosche CR04B harness, worked perfectly. you do have to tap into the power outlet under the hvac controls, pretty easy to access. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Is the power for the original car radio not enough? I thought it will output 12v (red/light blue cable)

I don't think I've seen another power cable behing the hvac, unless you I have to take it from the cig lighter!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts