My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting for this thing for the past 3 months because i lived in japan and now live in the states and ive needed it for work. 3 more days to go! Guess im just excited because its my first new car. Orded a 2012 compass sport with the offroad package and the freedom drive 2 with the cvt. Awesome thing is the dealership handling my order is installing a zeibart sound proofing liner to the underside for free. Anyone around the central jersey area that has done any mods to their compass? Also, anyone else waiting to get their jeep?

·
Registered
23 Posts
New compass

Congratulations, I' m happy for you and hope you enjoy your new Compass.
I am interested in the sound shield can you tell us more about it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car Protection | Car Paint Protection | Paint Protection Services from Ziebart | Ziebart

just realized its a rust protectant as well. when they told me i was gonna be given this i was super happy because my wifes old crv had a hole on the passengers side that was caused because of rust. also happy because of all the complaints that i hear about the compass being so noisy with the cvt and that this will help. probably wouldnt matter because i listen to my music pretty loud as it is lol

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I say the engine is the source of the bulk of the noise. The CVT is there but you'd hardly know it unless you drive it hard. These 2.4L are a noisy engine and not that efficient. There are 3.6L in the family that get better millage on bigger vehicles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not too worried about the gas mileage. my daily commute is about 2 miles a day lol. my wife's car on the other hand is a 06 subaru wrx and its terrible on gas. turbo's really kill gas mileage. i bought it mostly because of the space. i didnt really want something too big n figured this would be perfect for me. plus 4x4 in the snow is awesome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got my compass! Took over 3 months n dealt with a very incompitent dealer but i finally got it! Really happy with the vehicle so far and i dont hear any noise driving it. Definetly would suggest the ziebart lining to anyone who doesnt like road noise.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Congrats on your Compass and glad to hear you're enjoying it so far! Any pics of your new ride?

- Cherokee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts