My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I recently just purchased a 2017 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. It only has 28,000 miles on it I had already had to replace the battery which I have heard is a very common issue.
I am now noticing that when I start the vehicle it’s like rough. Like my car shakes. Does anyone else have this issue? Is this normal or something I just get looked at?

·
1,130 Posts
Mine starts fine and runs perfectly smooth. Something must be wrong with yours. My guess is a bad spark plug. Are you still under warranty? Regardless it's only three years old. Even if you're technically out of warranty since you're so close your dealer might just fix you up as a goodwill gesture.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had the same thing. I got a new engine due to consumption issues and the shaking/rattling is gone. So yeah, it's not normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2018 trailhawk w/4k miles does it often (but not every time) too and the dealer told me it checked out fine, just like the oil consumption is normal, and the brakes that one day were suddenly extremely touchy checked out fine, and the auto start stop being 'not ready" one day after working checked out fine and only didn't work because I "dont drive enough"...not to mention the last 3 times they kept it at the shop they gave me a filthy cat/dog hair covered 2013 grand cherokee with 150k miles, a cracked/falling off bumper and broken fog lights as my loaner...a new car dealer!? ! half-jokingly mentioned to the service manager that if they'd give me a new GC as a loaner (hint hint) maybe I'd be persuaded to buy a real jeep...then they had the nerve to have a salesman call me to ask if i was interested in a "beautiful 3 year old grand cherokee" they just got in...seriously?? I am not a fan of Jeep products or their representatives anymore in case you couldn't tell =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts