My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems my 2007 compass does not like to sit at red lights. If the light is too long I get a shudder and the engine dies. This is random and I cannot predict when it will happen. I have been to the dealer twice. The first time they flashed the computer. The second time they could not get the car to stall??
Any thoughts.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Avoid stopping at lights?

>>>>seriously .... welcome to the forum, lets wait and see what other members might suggest.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LOL at i2, but yes, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your trouble. So if your car stalls while sitting at a light, does it do it any other time you are at idle for a brief period? Next question, are you stopped on any kind of a grade i.e. uphill/downhill? Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
It seems my 2007 compass does not like to sit at red lights. If the light is too long I get a shudder and the engine dies. This is random and I cannot predict when it will happen. I have been to the dealer twice. The first time they flashed the computer. The second time they could not get the car to stall??
Any thoughts.
i had the EXACT same problem it did it randomly. mb 3-4 times a week. first day i got the car it stalled at the drive thru... went to the dealer a few times they flashed it ect. they finally found a fault with the alternator. have them test your alternator. since my alternator was changed i haven't had my vehicle stall in the past year and a half.

·
Registered
222 Posts
if you need i can try to find my service record for the repair and scan it so you can show them if you have any issues... are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am taking the car in tomorrow under warranty - any information to help them fix the car would be great. Thanks for the info.

LK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts