My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my 2014 Compass on a 2017 Compass Trailhawk. My 2014 had a retractable cargo cover that would conceal everything you're hauling. I see nothing on the 2017 that even looks like a mounting point for one. Does anyone know if Jeep just decided to bag the option of a cargo cover on the new Compass? I can find no info on this, and don't see anything available from Mopar, or anywhere else for that matter, online.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They have one, but not available until the 3 quarter.
Part # 82214625AB if you have a power liftgate.
Part # 82214626 if you a manual lift gate.
Retail price is $125 for either / Dealer net price is $88.00

·
Registered
121 Posts
So I can get parts for my Jeep cheaper through my dealer? I didn't know that. Does that include Mopar floor mats and the front fascia for example?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Dealer net is there cost. If you want a cheaper price just google the part numbers. There are several dealers that sell at reduce prices on line.

·
Registered
196 Posts
GREAT,
Make sure to post some pictures and let us know how the installation went.

·
Registered
27 Posts
it was, dealer confirmed. However, the dude at the dealer said the system wont let him place the order. So i'm just waiting at this point

·
Registered
5 Posts
After looking at many Google search links, it appears that the AB version replaces the non-AB part. My '18 Compass has a manual lift gate. So I'm wondering if it will still work.

I'm also curious about installation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just took delivery of a Sport 4x4 and one of the first things I would like to add is a cargo area cover.

Looks like you guys are saying that Mopar will be coming out with one come 3rd Quarter.

When is 3rd Quarter? Sometime next month?

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m still waiting. I think FCA has different ideas of what a quarter is. I’d call Q3 July-Sept. I think the Q3 ship has sailed. 😕

·
Registered
20 Posts
I’m still waiting. I think FCA has different ideas of what a quarter is. I’d call Q3 July-Sept. I think the Q3 ship has sailed. 😕
While it actually didn't sail yet, as FCA still has up til Saturday to release it. But what baffles me is this part actually exists. I seen videos of EU versions of the Compass with them installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
While it actually didn't sail yet, as FCA still has up til Saturday to release it. But what baffles me is this part actually exists. I seen videos of EU versions of the Compass with them installed.
Would you mind posting a photo or the video where you have seen the cargo cover? I am still baffled as to how it will mount once it is released. I talked to my local dealer parts department in Houston today asking about the part and his system said it wouldnt be released until Dec 31. Has anyone else heard otherwise?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would you mind posting a photo or the video where you have seen the cargo cover? I am still baffled as to how it will mount once it is released. I talked to my local dealer parts department in Houston today asking about the part and his system said it wouldnt be released until Dec 31. Has anyone else heard otherwise?
Sorry the site won't let me post links or photos. Something about not having enough posts. I'll try my best to steer you, or any one else who wants to see it, to the right direction.

Go to You Tube, and search for 2017 Compass full review. The video you'll be looking for should be in the first hand full of videos in the bunch. Its posted by "Autogefuhl" and runs for 55:53 minutes. Fast forward to 15:23 mark to see the cover. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry the site won't let me post links or photos. Something about not having enough posts. I'll try my best to steer you, or any one else who wants to see it, to the right direction.

Go to You Tube, and search for 2017 Compass full review. The video you'll be looking for should be in the first hand full of videos in the bunch. Its posted by "Autogefuhl" and runs for 55:53 minutes. Fast forward to 15:23 mark to see the cover. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the video reference.
That answered a couple of questions.

1) I do have the little knobs on the tailgate that are there to support the end of the cover (and lift it up when the tailgate goes up)

2) There are NO mounting points inside right behind the seats though for a hinge point for the cover. Unless you have to cut/install some mounting hardware into the plastic moulding on the sides.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts