My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
exact same thing happened to me, those two plastic supports just broke off, dealer never explained that there is in fact 2 positions for the trunk floor, for heavy loads, the lower position has to be used ( remove the floor part and place it under the plastic supports) this is a very very poor design and not explained in the owner manual, I'm done with jeep :(

·
Super Moderator
1,440 Posts
exact same thing happened to me, those two plastic supports just broke off, dealer never explained that there is in fact 2 positions for the trunk floor, for heavy loads, the lower position has to be used ( remove the floor part and place it under the plastic supports) this is a very very poor design and not explained in the owner manual, I'm done with jeep :(
So you overloaded it and you're mad at Jeep? The trunk floor is plastic, not cast iron. I've put some heavy loads in mine (like a load of flagstone for a DIY landscaping project) but I made sure the load was supported and spread out. No problem here.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Interesting...did not know about the 2 positions. Will have to check that out!

·
Super Moderator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
224 Posts
Interesting...did not know about the 2 positions. Will have to check that out!
Actually there are 3 positions plus you can prop it up in the upright position.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I want to report, the rear plastic panels are the worst part of my Jeep.
They crack, they bend, make noise, clunk, not aligned, sensitive to sun heat... shortly cheaper than it should be.

·
Super Moderator
1,440 Posts
I want to report, the rear plastic panels are the worst part of my Jeep.
They crack, they bend, make noise, clunk, not aligned, sensitive to sun heat... shortly cheaper than it should be.
Get a sheet of plywood and throw a spiffy rug remnant over it. :sneaky:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Get a sheet of plywood and throw a spiffy rug remnant over it. :sneaky:
Actually I plan to use it as a cargo space to transport a huge dog back there. If anyone asks what's with the mess with plastic panels, calmly I could say "HE DID IT, it's not a Jeep's fault"

21 - 31 of 31 Posts