My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have in and took a chance with PlastiDip, heard and watched a lot about it. So I bought some and I'm going to say I'm not disappointed at the moment. Just did the emblems but will update once I do the grille and also does anyone else have suggestions on what to PlastiDip because I have an extra can. Also I'm thinking of doing the rims one of the Blaze colors (any suggestions?) over the winter while they are off for the season.
ImageUploadedByAG Free1404610562.001385.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1404610407.045944.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1404610425.693589.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1404610448.075325.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1404610462.199557.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ill put up a couple pics when i get a chance, but i did the chrome one the roof rails. Just make sure you tape/cover all the black plastic really well and use a razor blade or something to cut the edge when you take the tape off. Mine started to peel off when I was removing it all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I cannot wait to see the pictures, I was thinking of doing the chrome on the roof. Man plastidip is a great product if I saw so myself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the plastidip came right off the paint with not issue and have taken it through 3 automatic carwashes and no peeling as of now. Also have plastidipped the chrome grille inserts as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just dont rub too hard on the PD on the front grill mine started rubbing off where i normally lean up against the jeep at the lake if you really like the look i would suggest actually painting the front grill because the chrome inserts just come out and and are easy to paint...just use a truck bed liner paint to do it so it will look the same all around.

·
Registered
286 Posts
its pretty easy tomarrow ill go out and takes some pics for ya its already dark I painted my emblems and my grill they looked amazing but took it to a car wash and the scurbed to hard didn't think about it so I just bought the grill inserts and embelems black now I never have to paint them again lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol really I tought you can carwash the car and didn't came out.

How many coats did you put on?

I just did my wheels 2 days ago I haven't wash my car hopefully stays on I did 4 coats on my wheels.

And thanks I'll be waiting for those pictures to plasti dip my grill and emblems at the same time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
o dont get me wrong they work for a while but after about a year and with all the stuff they put on the road it all wear away and the way just finshed it off lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've done this as well.. the only issue I have is... Plastidip doesn't like car wax lol.. so I have a film on mine, that is hard to get rid of.... one piece of advice for you guys out there who try this, when waxing your vehicle... make sure you don't get wax on the dipped emblems, you'll hate yourself...
Honestly.. getting wax even on the Black trim of this vehicle in general sucks...

·
Registered
1 Posts
its pretty easy tomarrow ill go out and takes some pics for ya its already dark I painted my emblems and my grill they looked amazing but took it to a car wash and the scurbed to hard didn't think about it so I just bought the grill inserts and embelems black now I never have to paint them again lol
How much did that end up costing you? And where did you buy them?
I like the look of it very much but I don't want to do the plastidip thing for all of the above mentioned reasons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts