My Jeep Compass Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I looked at several different cell phone mounts and ended up getting this “Te-Rich” mount/charger from Amazon. I like that it is adjustable and has a built-in lightning cable. I can position my phone perfectly. Haven’t needed to use the 2 USB ports on it, but that is an added bonus!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
My drop-in center counsel trays arrived today... Just checked and my phone fits in there, but the USB cord doesn't have space to go back around the side and out the hole in the counsel. Would probably work for smaller phones, but those are getting rare. Lol
On the positive side, I've got a new place to put stuff that the FCA engineers didn't feel we needed!!

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
don't keep it on your passenger seat

Driver looks at phone, flips jeep

"he told police he looked down at his phone’s GPS in the passenger’s seat then looked up to see a telephone pole"
Android Auto or Apple Carplay, the only way to go. Puts the map up on the screen all nice for ya, easy to switch between radio and map as needed, automatically lowers the music volume and speaks the directions through the driver's side speaker. Its awesome.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Android Auto or Apple Carplay, the only way to go. Puts the map up on the screen all nice for ya, easy to switch between radio and map as needed, automatically lowers the music volume and speaks the directions through the driver's side speaker. Its awesome.
Yep. I use carplay on the road but not so much in town.

That said and truth be told. That post you quoted could just as easily have said, "Driver looks at screen, flips Jeep." Both the phone and the big display screens are a distraction and require you to take your eyes off the road.

Heck, even the hands-free steering wheel controls require you to take your eyes off the road to find the button.

·
Registered
970 Posts
@Guillaume Larouche Thats the stuff! Nice work, that is pretty close to something I had thought of but never had the free time to model and print out. Are you using the little hole under the rubber tray at the bottom to secure it or what makes it stay?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Broke down and bought the proclip. Its not too bad, but I still wish there was an area to put it like I had in my Fusion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My drop-in center counsel trays arrived today... Just checked and my phone fits in there, but the USB cord doesn't have space to go back around the side and out the hole in the counsel. Would probably work for smaller phones, but those are getting rare. Lol
On the positive side, I've got a new place to put stuff that the FCA engineers didn't feel we needed!!
got a link for this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Phone placement

I actually ran the USB cable from the front USB port, through the dash and have it coming out behind the steering wheel. Then I plug my phone in and lay it right under the speedometer and tachometer.
It sets there really well and doesn't move around a lot. Only issue is that I tend to forget that it is there since it is a black phone and it blends in.smile:

·
Registered
72 Posts
On real short journeys my phone just goes in the central console cup holder.

For longer journeys I have a discreet windscreen mount and have run a USB cable from the front USB port through the area above the pedal box and then through the compartment on the side of the dash where the driver’s door opens. The cable is completely out of sight. Can’t stand cables trailing everywhere.

When my phone is in the mount I use either Android Auto or the offline NAV app I have on my phone (an app which cannot be used through Android Auto). I sometimes run the offline NAV alongside the in car NAV as they often have slightly different views on routes or traffic which can be useful.

Cheers

Rog

61 - 80 of 99 Posts