My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
Im wondering when is the right time to change my struts and springs (i thing also bushings will be a good idea).
I´ve just checked monroe.com (monroe is very popular in Lima/Peru) and they recommend 80,000km (50,000miles).
Does anybody has experience on this????

Now i have mi left tire with negative camber 1.6° (in the shop they say little higher than limit 1.5°), I think maybe the strut is little bended due to a huge pump hit, so i think changing the struts i fix the camber, and protect my tires at the same moment.

Other question is..... how about springs??? Huge holes/bumps damage springs?, Is necesary to change those springs at the same time with struts?

Please if someone has some experience on this, let me know. Now my compass is about 69,000km getting closer to the 80,000 recomendation.

Cheers,
:wjeep:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I hav heard manufactures say 50k for changing struts but dont think u hav to do automatically at 50k. Check for leaking fluid around where the top of the strut goes into the body or when u push the body down at each corner and it should stop bouncing after about 1 no more than 2 up/down. Anything more and the strut is worn. Springs should go a lot longer than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts