My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Compass Sport, and I plan on trying to change my alternator on my own. Has anybody done this on their own? Anybody have any instructions or videos to help me out. I have done an alternator before on my old Audi, but I know this is different. Any help would be awesome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have an 07 Compass Sport, and I plan on trying to change my alternator on my own. Has anybody done this on their own? Anybody have any instructions or videos to help me out. I have done an alternator before on my old Audi, but I know this is different. Any help would be awesome.[/QUOTE goodluck it`s a pita nice and tight! Think you have to take it out from the bottomi cant remember

·
Registered
71 Posts
just did my wifes alternator today!!! it was not easy but also not impossible
heres what i wrote in another thread...im in process of uploading a vid to youtube now

u have to remove
-the pass. tire/wheel
-lower splash gaurd
-front splash gaurd just behind fender
-use belt tensioner to release tension in serp belt
-remove idler pully
-remove 2 bolts holding the ac condensor to the frame (will give more wiggle room later)

now undo lower alternator bolt and then upper bolt
-remove all 3 a/c compressor bolts (do not remove any lines) let it hang
-undo electrical at alternator
-undo one electrical plug at driver side of a/c compressor
-make sure alternator is now free

now the hard part

rotate alternator pully down towards passenger side from original positon
so that the pully points straight down and upper mounting bolt is pointing horizontal out towards the passenger side fender

push down on the ac compressor (fairly hard) to give u just barely enough room to slide the alternator out

the only thing i found online was a black and white diagram that was very vague

·
Registered
71 Posts
sry dude i got mine from a local shop that deals strictly with refurbished generators.

FWIW i buy 95% of my other car parts from what is now called "PartsTrain" (used to be carpartswholesale) maybe try them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
sry dude i got mine from a local shop that deals strictly with refurbished generators.

FWIW i buy 95% of my other car parts from what is now called "PartsTrain" (used to be carpartswholesale) maybe try them?
Order up a refurbished alternator. Found one for $120 from AlternatorPros. Will install this weekend and hopefully that solves part of the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts