My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well half way threw the long weekend the check engine light came on. After sitting from the day before. Headed out to the store in the morning while away at the cottage and it came on quick LOL. I have no idea what now is acting up but without a scangauge to read the codes which I don't have with me. I'll have to wait.

Has anyone located OBDII code chart for this vehicle. I have one for my big Jeep. Anyway I'll have to chase that down now.

So much for total relaxation on the long weekend.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Codes

Thank I'll give it a try. The first link ok but as it on a different Jeep series but may be usefull. The other link does not seem to consolidated the codes even though the vehicle is in the pull down.

I'll try the key bit and see if anything is generated.

Thx

PS: The key switching does not appear to work. At least for me. I tried a few methods and speed but nothing resulted from it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I came home today a few days later. The Check Engine light cleared on its own. This will happen if the condition no longer exists. I am not certain what triggered it. I had trailered my ATV with the Compass to the cottage earlier and it was ok after that at least a few days. Maybe something related to the load. But its gone on its own. Go figure but I was wondering if it was the EGR valve which can act up on engines. Especially if carbon builds up in them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts