My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 compass with 93,000 kms on it.
My check engine light kept coming on and off over the course of a month.
At first, the compass seemed to drive as normal, but over the course of some time, I noticed loss of power and more gas consumption.
I brought it to the dealer on Tuesday to have the code read.
They told me that 2 codes were stored on the computer.
1: running too rich
2: running too leanl
They found this very odd and weren't sure what to do. They called Chrysler Tech support and were instructed to re-flash the computer.

So far the compass seems to drive like it did before and gas comsumption better again. Its only been 2 days but hopefully the issue has been resolved.

If not, next steps recommended would be to change to O2 sensors and a tune-up.

Will keep you posted if the light returns.

Thanks,

Dude

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude............feel free to tell us more....and good luck with your repair !

·
Registered
186 Posts
Most of the time that light comes on it means that the ignition wires need replacing. Try that and save some bucks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a 2007 compass with 93,000 kms on it.
My check engine light kept coming on and off over the course of a month.
At first, the compass seemed to drive as normal, but over the course of some time, I noticed loss of power and more gas consumption.
I brought it to the dealer on Tuesday to have the code read.
They told me that 2 codes were stored on the computer.
1: running too rich
2: running too leanl
They found this very odd and weren't sure what to do. They called Chrysler Tech support and were instructed to re-flash the computer.

So far the compass seems to drive like it did before and gas comsumption better again. Its only been 2 days but hopefully the issue has been resolved.

If not, next steps recommended would be to change to O2 sensors and a tune-up.

Will keep you posted if the light returns.

Thanks,

Dude
Welcome to the forum and I hope that your Compass is running better now!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude, sorry to hear about your problem and those two trouble codes simultaneously would leave me scratching my head, also, it's either one or the other on an inline 4 cyl. It's not like a V6 where you can run rich on bank 1 and lean on bank 2. I would suggest same as has been mentioned, tune-up and also check the air filter and replace as needed, but hopefully you still have warranty coverage? Once again welcome, good luck and keep us posted! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts