My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 2007 Jeep Compass 2.4L 4X4 in July 2015, the belt was bad, I had that replaced, right after it started chirping like crickets it was on and off depending on how wet and cold it was, it has increasingly became louder and is there all the time, they told me the tensioner pulley was bad replaced that and the chirping is now even louder does anyone know what this maybe? The car drives fine but when it is really raining bad it also makes a loud ticking sound and sometimes will stall if I drive thru a big puddle. there are no warning lights on but my battery light did show up yesterday for a moment. Please I need help I can not afford to be with out a car.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just ignore it.

Otherwise if with the new serpentine belt it may, again may worn off track a bit and now with a tensioner pulley replaced after its replacement because of failing bearing its running true again. The belt may be tracking a bit different.

Assuming the pulley are ALL 100% now. Replacing the belt is the only recourse. Use a GATES belt if you not using an OEM one. There is a difference in makes.

To be sure its the belt. Squirt a bit of water with a squirt bottle on the inner ribs of the belt. The noise will stop if its the belt otherwise its a bearing.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I purchased the 2007 Jeep Compass 2.4L 4X4 in July 2015, the belt was bad, I had that replaced, right after it started chirping like crickets it was on and off depending on how wet and cold it was, it has increasingly became louder and is there all the time, they told me the tensioner pulley was bad replaced that and the chirping is now even louder does anyone know what this maybe? The car drives fine but when it is really raining bad it also makes a loud ticking sound and sometimes will stall if I drive thru a big puddle. there are no warning lights on but my battery light did show up yesterday for a moment. Please I need help I can not afford to be with out a car.

Hey anitag1966,

Where do you notice the sound coming from?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts