My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am interested in the grill insert, chrome handles , and possibly the mirror covers.
where i buy alot of things from these places i get a 10% discount so just add 10% and tax to the prices i list.

grill insert - from tuner shop $128.00
chrome handles - from tuner shop $119.00
mirror covers - from dealership (saunders motors in bridgewater) $141.00

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I have seen some pictures of jeep in which chrome accessories is looking nice. It looks awesome. As far as I know, and I read a lot about this car, the only thing I have come across is the chrome gas filler cap.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
John welcome to the forum...tell us more about your ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as I know, and I read a lot about this car, the only thing I have come across is the chrome gas filler cap.
The first time I took my Compass to the gas station, I started rooting around in the spare tire well while the gas was pumping. I found that the tire and jack needed straightening and when I flipped the tire over, I found a chrome fuel door. Perhaps a previous owner had it on, but it was now pitted and starting to rust.

I think those things are so hideous that I picked it up with two fingers like it was diseased and dumped it the nearest garbage can!

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Hello

I have seen some pictures of jeep in which chrome accessories is looking nice. It looks awesome. As far as I know, and I read a lot about this car, the only thing I have come across is the chrome gas filler cap.
The first time I took my Compass to the gas station, I started rooting around in the spare tire well while the gas was pumping. I found that the tire and jack needed straightening and when I flipped the tire over, I found a chrome fuel door. Perhaps a previous owner had it on, but it was now pitted and starting to rust.

I think those things are so hideous that I picked it up with two fingers like it was diseased and dumped it the nearest garbage can!
I guess with me being OCD and all, chrome accessories would have me opening my doors with a microfiber towel in hand just to keep the finger prints off! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
101 Posts
So after my first installment for aftermarket stuff, I figured round two was apon me. So this time I think i'm gonna be going with some Chrome door handles and probably some vent shades. I was thinking in channel instead of taped on. Also I want to see if I can get them painted first. I've seen it done but don't know how long it will last. (Painted black of course). Then that should be it for round two. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
So after my first installment for aftermarket stuff, I figured round two was apon me. So this time I think i'm gonna be going with some Chrome door handles and probably some vent shades. I was thinking in channel instead of taped on. Also I want to see if I can get them painted first. I've seen it done but don't know how long it will last. (Painted black of course). Then that should be it for round two. Any suggestions?
I have a set of AVS inchannel vents installed, but was thinking of selling them. PM me if interested - they were like $60 new and I could go $40 shipped. I personally like the Weathertech brand better, but they are expensive.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Alright, i'll PM you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just thought I would post an update on the Chrome Handles. I just put them on earlier this evening and I'm loving them. They make the Jeep stick out that much more. I will post pictures as soon as I take some. They were very easy to install and a great investment!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here's a few pics of the new Chrome Door Handles. I love the new look! Hope you guys do to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
My God this is even cleaner than Sky......very nice the way she looks........great job !

·
Registered
186 Posts
No Comp is as clean as the SkyComp!

I just wiped her down today with detailer.

Siriusly, OTW's Comp is super clean. I would imagine the black is a PITA to keep looking like that!

BTW OTW, is that the Wal-Mart hood louvers you got there? I was thinking about getting a set for mine.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah the black is a PITA to keep clean, but easier to get that "well-used" jeep look lol. Mine gets washed and then looks good for about 2 days until the dust gets really visible.

OTW's is looking good, nice and clean. For me If I was getting the chrome handles I think I would fork out for the mirror covers too just to complete the look. Definitely stands out among the crowd!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks FFL, lochinprc, and Sky for the comments! I try to keep the Jeep clean. I probably wash her about two times a week. lochinprc I am still debating the chrome mirrors, not sure if I like them yet. Skyeye those are from some online store ... autotrucktoys.com I believe. I'll get some better pics soon. I love taking pictures of the Jeep. I find that I get the best results at dusk.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If any of you are bored and feel ambitious I won't stop you from coming and washing mine. Here's what it looks like right now.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 45 Posts