My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That one is pricey but from another vehicle I had it look good. Be aware people will try and remove it in parking lot etc. The one I had was tight enough with binding on the pipe and they couldn't remove it. I later reworked the mounts to be tighter and oiled the outside so it would be slippery when the grabed it. Some people just won't buy there own.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow really?? Damn I am police officer and EMT and still would not have thought of that.

Well this is pricey? Don't know of another place to get one if I wanted to. That appears decent and solid. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Tail tips are vehicle specific. Measure the outside diameter and search for a tip that will clamp down to that size.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I put one on mine from a VW Jetta.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My compass is home and its 2.25" pipe. But and big but the existing pipe swings right down blowing onto the payment so to speak. A tip is clearly out of the question and it back under quite a ways. I seems a bit odd that it in that far since idling would have exhaust fumes collecting under the vehicle. Every vehicle I've noticed they're either out the back or side enought that it flows just past the associated trim if going up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It fits in well with all of the other Chrome when looking from behind the car. But it is too short so that when you look at it from the side you can see the join, it needs to be a bit longer and it would look the biz.
I thought car designers were intelligent?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
It fits in well with all of the other Chrome when looking from behind the car. But it is too short so that when you look at it from the side you can see the join, it needs to be a bit longer and it would look the biz.
I thought car designers were intelligent?
ha ha ha ha
LOL....

You've heard of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing.

Well that what engineers are these days. One works on this and the other on that. Then woops when it comes together. Ahhh good enough and we pay for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts