My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the RES stereo which has MP3 CD playback and its a total engineering joke of the highest magnitude in incompetent engineering.

My compass has the Steering wheel controls and I am have been looking on eBay etc for other Chrysler stereos that have MP3 CD playback at lease and Aux IPOD input at a reasonable price.

I expect all these Compasses and other family products all support the new stereo connection but I am not certain if some of the units support control and ID3 tags display on the CD song info etc. as well as where the steering wheel controls plug into.

Anyone who has pulled an RES and dumped that garbage product and installed and properly designed Stereo might have input for me.

Thanks to all in advance!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
When I picked up the parts for mine there was a module I had to buy that connected to the steering wheel controls so they would work. I'll have to go look to see what the module was called.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about other Chrysler Radio models if they are plug and play with this configuration but having true MP3 support.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts