My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Chrysler announced in a press release the introduction of its new ENVI team, which is a cross-functional team within Chrysler, strategically intended to develop electric-drive production vehicles and related advanced-propulsion technologies.

The intent behind creating the ENVI team is to establish a small, nimble team that will be able to move quickly and have access to the vast resources within Chrysler to allow rapid proliferation of electric-drive vehicles and to permit Chrysler LLC to develop a new generation of environmentally responsible Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep vehicles.

To read more and see video of the unveiling on CNBC, check out the Chrysler LLC blog just click on: http://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innovation/envi/overview/?pid=Forum&adid=CLLCENVI.

Also if you would like to see specifics on EV for each brand visit Chrysler LLC home page http://www.chryslerllc.com/en/?pid=Foru ... LCHomeENVI

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for the info. What I'd like to see sooner (read:now) is a diesel Compass/Patriot. It's already in production outside North America so it shouldn't be too hard to bring it here. Pretty please :)

Oh, and put me down for one of these 8)

·
Registered
84 Posts
SWEET! Now for the reality check. How much are these things going to cost?

At least Chrysler got the message that a 40 mile range is not realistic for a vehicle given how spread out our country is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 Compass

I was actually wondering what the feasibility of using the CVT in my Jeep Compass with an electric motor instead of the 1.4L engine. It seems to me the Jeep compass is already set up to be an all wheel Drive EV cross over...

·
Registered
222 Posts
oh no! Chrysler can't even get down simple suspension components on the compass never mind an electric vehicle. speaking of electrical for the second time in 2 years of ownership i replaced my alternator. good luck to who ever plans on buying these!hope they have deep pockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts