My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was traveling at 100km/h , tractor trailer ahead of me blew a tire , chucks of tire debris flying in the air, one the size of a baseball mit headed straight for my new, less than 1000 km, Compass and WACK!! Front end was hit, to my surprise the right signal light and fender had no dent, minor scratch on the signal lens and the rubber marks left by the tire came off with a damp cloth. Thank you Compass God!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
hehehe, my first scratch was at 24 kilometers, a Mazda 3 backed up on my bumper because the girl let the clutch slip on a red light and the road was a little too steep to remain in place without braking. I would say an impact of about 7 kilometers per hour.

It hit surprisingly quite hard even though the speed was slow, however, I only had a couple of very small scratches caused by the 2 dirty bumpers rubbing against each other that would easily disappear with a little buffing or even a good wax I guess. If you don't know it, it is almost impossible to see.

Needless to say, I had a very good conversation (read shouting) with the girl in the Mazda considering I only had the truck for 15 minutes before that happened, hehehe

RedVortex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts