My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dealing with a clunking noise in the front end for awhile now, starting to get annoying, car kinda vibrates at 55-60 mph now , could be related, but could be a complete diff issue, for being a jeep my compass suspension blows .

Was wondering if ne1 had an idea what it could be ? I hear the clunking from the right side mostly, but if I hit a bump with the left I hear it also, not as loud, so I was almost thinking it had something to do with the sway bar?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Most likely the ball joints but the tie rod ends (inner and outer) as well as ball joints are all prone to early failures and unless its all replaced on both sides they'll be needed soon. Given the year and millage will dictate that. You need to jack each side and do a proper check regardless. Struts are least likely be can also go. Check for a leaking strut piston under the guard.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What Tripplec said... also check out your sway bar bushings. My right sway bar bushing ripped with all the wear and tear and now I hear a soft clunk over bumps. Just waiting for warmer weather so I can get it swapped out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts