My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I have an 80th anniversary edition Compass, and love it. It would be nice to sneak some extra performance out of it - anyone install a cold air intake or performance chip? Any successes?

·
Registered
223 Posts
K&N makes a cold air intake, but it'd $250-$300 or more. The gains will be minimal, if any. As for a chip, we don't have any aftermarket support as far as chips or tuners yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K&N makes a cold air intake, but it'd $250-$300 or more. The gains will be minimal, if any. As for a chip, we don't have any aftermarket support as far as chips or tuners yet.
Would something like this actually work, or is it more voodoo than real world

·
Registered
116 Posts
As a suggestion, (and it has been brought up in other posts). We all know the only reason we want to add performance upgrades, is to have a little more get up and go from a stop.....at least that is what I like.
For pretty much the cost of a cold air intake, you can get an accelerator pedal enhancer. I have one called Sprint Booster. There is other companies that also make the same type of unit, with other types of tuning options. Mine has a real small control unit, which I like, as I do not like a bunch of things hanging off on my instrument panel, and some of the other types can be quite large. Car Vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

I've had it on my Compass for well over a year, and it has been great. It does not add any more horse power. It does give it a LOT more response.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Would something like this actually work, or is it more voodoo than real world
I'd be very leery of this; I can't say whether I works or not, but I doubt it. They don't state any specifics that relate to our vehicle, nor a Dyno chart for our engine. It sounds like a universal deal that MIGHT make a little difference, but I wouldn't expect much.

Like another user said, the best bang for your buck right now is a throttle controller. Sprint booster, pedal commander, go pedal, etc are different brands of the same thing. They don't create more HP, but they alter the throttle curve so your vehicle is more responsive.

·
Administrator
2,283 Posts
Really, these engines come pretty well maxed out from the factory. Engineers are trying to get more power out of smaller engines in order to boost fuel economy. The Tigershark is already well over 1HP/CID. There's not much more for a shade-tree mechanic to wrench out of these little mills.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was think of getting a cold air intake as well on limiited 2018. But not sure if it affects water depth that it can handle

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
I don't believe it would affect water tread depth any. The filter goes in about the same location.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just an FYI...The OEM air intake is located above the wheel well liner and the fender and has a "catch can" for any water that may enter the intake. 2017-2021 Jeep Compass Air Inlet Duct 68247353AA | Factory MOPAR Direct
Thanks for sharing that and the diagram now makes sense now.

As on specs for non TH models we can clear 40cm or abt 16inches of water dept. As i knew the air intake must be somewhere lower than the air filter box.

So now if we were to change to this k&n cold air intake, the filter is higher then the original intake. So is it right to say i can go deeper into water now?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.