My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone running a cold Air Intake on their gen 2 compass? K&N makes one.

Cheers,
Erik
77-1565KS ? Is that for the original body style, or the new one? I'm not ready to drop $300 for maybe 10 hp gain - but I need someone to confirm that kit fits, before I even put it on my mod list. Might try a drop-in filter, first...

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't believe it will do anything because of the type of tune these vehicles have. Anything with a MAP sensor keeps the ratio of fuel and air the same, so it will just adjust for the extra air.. making it useless. It does sound cooler and look better, but don't expect it to do much other than that.

·
Registered
272 Posts
That's the impression that I'm under as well. If you plan on tuning it, then you can get full function out of it, otherwise it's just engine bling and ear pleasure I would think. I would probably grab a tuner before anything to be honest. Best bang for your buck modification you can make to get power and really feel it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've seen a bump in MPGs in some of my own vehicles and other's also with a CAI (vehicles with MAP sensors). If that is worth it, is debatable. Thinking a CAI is going to turn a economy SUV into anything else is dreaming.

Also, being that the 2nd Gen came out mid way through the year, not sure that the K&N is actually for the New Compass.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Tuners are always the better way to go and then get your air intake. Often you see some nice gains from getting the both of those. Tune might be better if you plan on going to the dealer for service, CAI is obvious but the ECU tune might be harder to pick up on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts