My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I'm having problems with my facelift compass with the right DRL not working.
I get a fault code B16D4 - right drl lamp control circuit low.

The parking light works in the P27/7W lamp on both sides and the DRL works on the left side.

Any ideas on where to start looking for the problem? The electric plug to the lamp was dry and ok on both sides.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Hegeone, alls;
I looked at my mount in the same 2011 and wondering how to fix this ; googling what is B16B4 code I found that the PCM monitors that just Right DLR lamp. The PCM sets the ObdII code when the R ight DLR lamp is not to factory specifications also .Iblew mine also a couple of times on the rightside ONLY. Must be a PCM slight wrong thight setting.My white plastic holder is a bit warmed up and cooked but still runs . What would be the right bulb to buy then to factory specs ?
I Would clear the code ;and only change the bulb .They tend to last 2 years there as they work much.Don't worry ....as the little engine noise on cold starts, its a 2011 thing I don't care much .THANK u ! I discovered why. What would be the factory spec for those DLRs bulbs?. The other ones are H9 sure!!! ; H11 are brighter &didnt passed Inspection....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer Nico. I forgot to mention that I also swapped left and right bulbs between each other with no effect. Same bulb works on the left side just fine.

I also measured the voltage of the plug and there is no voltage on the white/yellow cable, which is the drl cable.

And it doesnt allow to erase the B16D4 code as it is active

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi ,
I have been building on this, have looked at the front wirring harness in U shape,reed many threads here , and...for me now the thing that you have described,and that the PCM detected is a short because of the lack of the ground on only a small portion of the right side of the electrical harness . This is accurate with my case, as I keep sometimes blowing the same lamp and that I noticed everything was a little warmed up on the rightside lamps;
Some Jeep Patriots had the same issue in the 2011,found 'Jeep Patriot ground wire bundle repair for cheap, on YouTube.
Well, the Compass 2011 has the same.,
Under the coolant reservoir,next to the belt there is a ground wire Bundle , that can be effective brand new...(cleaning ?)
The best is to add simply a Really good ground to those right side lamps, foglight also.This will desactivate the issue right'On.
We have the old Evic systeme who can keep the code for a longtime,but seems he will erase it alone.....fine !

·
Registered
95 Posts
HI
Super ;i ruled out corrosion or a fuse problem. because of the PCM.
Also discovered that the A/C compressor was grounded at that bundle also; if you have a futher problem with it good to know. Mobil 1 esp adds a little bit of oil pressure to that engine and the cold start noise will be fixed .

·
Registered
95 Posts
Om 651 ene ; Pcm injectors tunned in Mexico in 2011; for a !!! the commun American oil M1; not very easy to find here in EU at walmart ; !!! So ; some keep on with water Fushs and Shell Ect c3 but ; redone now at 100.000kms !.make sense my ideas; ...lucky you are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts