My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps i was wondering what size and what kind of 15" rims does fit on my 2014 compass !? and do you guys have a website i could possibly order it from?
I see allot of compass with 15/75/235 with 15x7 ??

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Any tire shop can tell you but thats a big jump down (2" if 17" are standard like mine).

·
Registered
65 Posts
15" would have fitment issues. Those that go there usually have spacers, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I would seriously consider the rubber size. If you're too far off you spedo and other factors will be affect. CVT's seem tuned to a particular size for gearing. If you have typical automatic its likely more forgiving. Note, you do need some clearance for Winter slush and ice buildup. Otherwise you'll have a problem. Duellers and other tires come in many formats 70, 75 and size. I am sure if you look back you'll find the tire calculator link I posted years ago. Otherwise google for one to see what 16 inch size is the same as what you have in 17". Then go from there if you want to upsize and you'll see what each choice results in.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion of 15" wheels for Patriots, but as far as I know it applies to Compasses as well:

15" Wheels and 30" tires on your Patriot (no spacers): Test Fit Results - Jeep Patriot Forums

Tire diameter changes affect the speedometer, overall gear ratio, and braking. It is the height of the tire that matters in this respect, not the rim size. My comment : 16" is a good choice for a Compass in typical mostly onroad driving, 15" would be better off road (more tire volume), 17" is better for on road handling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts