My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sorry I didn't find this place before I bought my jeep. Have had it in for warranty work and it is only 6 months old . Now it is the front end. Apparently sway bars are something that will be needing replacing yearly if not more frequently. Already looking for something new.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Sway bars are typically good for the life of the vehicle, I don't understand why you would need one replaced. What was it doing that caused you to bring it in for service?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had my 2017.5 Compass Trailhwak for a year now and over 30,000 miles no front end issues what so ever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 Compass and in the 9 months that I've owned it, it has spent 42 days in the shop for front end problems. I just picked it up last night and they finally got rid of the clucking noise, but now the steering wheel is off center, it don't stay in the lane without a struggle and at 65 mph steering wheel starts to shimmy. So it's going back to the dealer again. I finally ended up requesting arbitration because no one at chrysler was giving me too much interest and I am sick of living my life and canceling vacations around a car. The clunking noise was from the strut tower on the right side and the brake caliper. The only way they figured that out was by putting the car on the alignment rack and beating on my brand new tires and possibly ruining one. That's where I think it's getting the shimmy. If someone at Chrysler would have taken some interest when it went in for repair after just 495 miles we could have resolved the problem a lot sooner. Now it's time to cancel vacation #3 because the arbitration date is at the end of July. What a shame because I really like the car but don't trust it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts