My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2007 Compass a few months ago. The tires on it are 235/55/18. Everywhere I go, tire salesman tell me the original equipment for the vehicle was 215/55/18, but the dealer says the 235's could have been a dealer/factory option, although I can't find any information if the tire was originally on the vehicle. Will changing the tire to the standard size affect the driving or the vehicle?

·
Registered
176 Posts
As far as I know 235s are wide enough to get some rubbing but if that was on the jeep when u got it and u have no probs i dont think its a big issue. Nice wide wheels dude!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks all, I think I'm going to stick with the 235's. Seems like this week everyones running specials on Yokohamas in this size for under $100. The 215's are $15 more. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks all, I think I'm going to stick with the 235's. Seems like this week everyones running specials on Yokohamas in this size for under $100. The 215's are $15 more. Decisions, decisions. Lol

Thanks again
sounds silly but could you take a picture of your car showing the width of the tire?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 235/50/18's on my 2012 Limited, with no problems. They certainly improve handling over the stock215/55/18's. It was my dealer who recommended them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts