My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my son had me do the full prep and wax.

This 100% all Meguiar's product to get to this stage part of their smooth surface clay kit and clearner wax, then NXT Tech Wax 2.0.

Its a long 4 step process.

- wash and dry as clean as possible
- "clay bar" the entire surface using a piece off approx 2 sq in piece with lubricating spray. This remove all debrie not washed off leaving a silky smooth surface
- painter tape the plastic to keep the wax off the black plastic
- meguiar's cleaner wax
- final NXT Tech Wax 2.0 application

This is what you end up with and you're see an 2002 Explorer in one photo beside after the same process. Its quite the investment for their products but they work!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That looks great, nice job! I swear by Meguiar's products, to me, nothing else delivers the shine and brings out the rich color as Meguiar's does!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks great, nice job! I swear by Meguiar's products, to me, nothing else delivers the shine and brings out the rich color as Meguiar's does!

- Cherokee
Yeah, I looked at it today after some heavy rain and it looks real good and the metalic shows up real good. Its hard to capture on the camera with various reflections etc. But we have the entire line it appears of meguiar's shining and washing soaps (Gold which does not cut the wax off ) to prep for the final coats and the post wax spay wax to touch it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts