My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the compass engine, the 2.4, reacts to a CAI. Are there any real gains with a cold air intake or is it not really worth it?

·
Registered
315 Posts
i noticed nice throttle response, and accel improvments with the k&n cai. also a gain of 30-40km per tank. at wide open throttle it is extremely loud tho, louder than my turbo japanese car

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the 2.0L haven't really had a chance to pay attention to what the gains are yet but there is a noticeable difference going up hills and having power at the higher rpms.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ahh, i cant wait to get home I have dyno sheet for my Jeep with both the K&N and the weapon R sw I ended up buying. You do get more ponies n a little more torque, I can even tell you the Eplugs improved my MPG also. When I get home I am getting on the Dyno for a few runs after I change the oil and plugs again. My Jeep is a 5sp I couldnt tell you about a automatic.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Now a dyno run is gonna be interesting, definitely want to see some numbers! I'm really curious as to what the Compass is actually putting to the wheels.

- Cherokee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts