My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my compass in for regular servicing and they told me that I needed a crazy amount of servicing done. I was thinking of buying a service manual and attempting to do it myself; particularly my brakes. I have done brakes before :lol: and was just wondering if any compass owners can give me their experiences when doing their own work on their compass?

·
Registered
656 Posts
J_E_E_P said:
I recently had my compass in for regular servicing and they told me that I needed a crazy amount of servicing done. I was thinking of buying a service manual and attempting to do it myself; particularly my brakes. I have done brakes before :lol: and was just wondering if any compass owners can give me their experiences when doing their own work on their compass?
Whats the mileage? Extra hard service??
Just wondering . . . hate to hear "a crazy amount of servicing" needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Jeep has 60 000 km on it, the "crazy" amount of servicing includes a complete brake job, as well as filters, fluids, alignments, injector flush, pcv valve replacement, and a couple other things. Fluids and filters are pretty straight forward but it was the brakes that I wonder about the complexity of the job; any advice would be very appreciated

·
Registered
362 Posts
It sounds like the dealer is trying to screw you IMHO. Do you have access to the Scheduled Maintenance Guide? It should be in there with your owners manual. Go by what that says, dealers like to recommend a shitload of things that you may or may not need just to make $$$$.

If I was you I'd find another dealer too! Crooks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes your owners manual will include a warranty book with a service record. Most of the list are just visual inspections. IF the PCV valve needs replaced it will be under warrant. Emmission control system parts are under warranty 8 to 10 years. Don't let the dealer make you pay. Emmission control is Governmnet regulated.

The brake job may be valid and air filter,oil change , oil filter

If the brake calipers are free (not seized ) and all you need is brake pad and or calipers the brake job is not difficult.

Here is a search link that will get you to many help sites to do the job.

http://www.google.com/search?q=replacing+brake+pads,+calipers&rls=com.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts