My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what, are there like four or five of us that like these things enough to find a place to post their thoughts on these vehicles? I know that there is much spammer interest here, but that's not what this forum is about. We can discuss other Jeeps too if that helps, just no Spam/Scam links please!:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am a Compass Enthusiast!!

This is my first Jeep, I have always owned smaller cars and a couple of mini-vans over the years.
This vehicle has all the practicality of a small car with decent mileage nice ride, but it also has the advantages of a larger sport utility.
I just bought a trailer and installed the trailer tow package myself along with a class 3 hitch so I'm good for 2000 lbs. The trailer I bought is 1500 pounds so with the added things you take camping with you I will be at the 2000lb mark. Interested to see how it handles with the added weight and how the mileage will change.
There are one or two other forums I am part of that are pretty good as well but they are offshoots of the main forums for the "real" jeeps.
I to wish this forum was more active there are enough Compass' out there now since they have been around for about four years now.
Looking forward to reading more posts soon.
:D
Wes

·
Registered
656 Posts
We used to have a more lively group, and lots of interest, BEFORE all the creepy scammers began invading the sight.
With a little luck we may get it back on the Rubicon Trail.
BTW . . . I did not get my Compass with the intention of "off roading" but last weekend I did get off the beaten path visiting one of Quebec's natural reserves, the park dirt road I was following was not very often travelled and very poorly maintained. Barely kept open, dangerous spots marked with ribbons hanging from branches. Anyway with no way to turn arround I pushed onward, up and down and around, nearly two hours in second gear, sometimes first. The only others I saw were two 4x4 ATV's bombing through the woods. The Compass was great never needed to go to 4WD full time.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Styling and functionality,,,,, and great value.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The more I look at the compass I sort of wish it had it's own identity i know they wanted to keep the jeep look but, then they started to give it, it's own edge throughout the body would like to a different front end.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The more I look at the compass I sort of wish it had it's own identity i know they wanted to keep the jeep look but, then they started to give it, it's own edge throughout the body would like to a different front end.

I LOVE the Jeep looking front end . . . a winner in my book.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think its a sharp looking vehicle. Many people assume that they all have V8's and are all 4WD. I tell them no its just a 4 cylinder that is pretty great on fuel but it has the room inside of a larger vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with everyone here, the Compass is quite a nifty all-around vehicle..and where I live, I've got the only Compass there is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
No actually I was making conversation with my post, look at the jeep liberty, the looks are close around the lights but it's a sweet ride. I was behind on today myjeepcompass. forum right?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I like the Compass because it IS unique. If you take the badges off 99 percent of the SUV's out there you would be hard pressed to tell a Chevy from a Honda. The only other unique SUV out there is the Toyota FJ. But what is up with the white roof on those things?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Time for a rag top

The Compass has the greatest styling since the original '48 Willy's Jeepster.
I would love to see an artist's rendering of our Compass as a soft-top.
I think it would be great as a cabriolet.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Compass is my 3rd Jeep (2 Cherokees). Chose the Compass because:
1- It's a Jeep
2- Fuel economy (I've been getting about 30mpg so far)
3- It's a Jeep
4- Unique styling
5- It's a Jeep
6- It's a lot of fun to drive (Don't know what people complain about. The 2.4 VVT with the CVT is plenty powerful.)
7- IT'S A JEEP!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hit the nail right on the head!

Compass is my 3rd Jeep (2 Cherokees). Chose the Compass because:
1- It's a Jeep
2- Fuel economy (I've been getting about 30mpg so far)
3- It's a Jeep
4- Unique styling
5- It's a Jeep
6- It's a lot of fun to drive (Don't know what people complain about. The 2.4 VVT with the CVT is plenty powerful.)
7- IT'S A JEEP!

I think that that REALLY sums things up.
It all adds up to a great ride.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Not to mention the fact that .............IT'S A JEEP............ :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
My Compass is my first Jeep, though I briefly owned a used Willy's Overland several years ago. But it had many problems and my mechanic told me that I would be tinkering with this vehicle on and off for a long period of time. I find my '07 Compass Sport 4X4 fun to drive and quite economical. I would definitiely buy another Jeep and when my wife is ready to part with her Lexus IS250 I would like her to get a Jeep.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts