My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am sure this topic has been discussed before, and the research I have done to date is inconclusive. Also, many of the remarks were related to 'cost effectiveness' Well in my case it might be:

Target: 2010 Compass FWD, 2.4 CVT Automatic
Doner: 2007 Caliber AWD, 2.4 CVT Automatic

I own both. The Caliber is too expensive to repair due to rocker panel and frame rail rust. Won't pass a safety check to get it on the road again. The drivetrain is fine, as is the front K and the brand new rear K.

I want to make my Compass a 4x4. Can this be done easily? I can transfer the rear end, no problem, and the drive axle and the front power distribution unit, but my concerns are the electronics. Obviously the 4x4 lock is not there, and the rear wiring not to mention that the compass will be converted to rear disc brakes, but is the ABS sensor the same? Will the wiring harness take the rear diff?

If I keep the original PCM, will it just 'use' the AWD?

Has anyone done this before?
Any suggestions?

I am also under the impression that the 2007 modules will not work in the 2010 due to CANBUS differences. Can anyone point me to details on that?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have further determined that in addition to the driveline, the gas tank is different, as well as the rear shocks. The Rear sub frame also has a bushing that is not present on the FWD model for the differential.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Yeah man there is absolutely no way that would be practical to do. A lot of shared parts in those cars but not nearly enough to make it easy enough. Should be able to sell them both and get into a 2007-2010 AWD Compass it seems like, if thats what you really want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts