My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone consider adding marker lights in front grille.
Some examples avail but mostly for Jeep Wranglers and cherokees.

Definitely, it will look good if applied on grille or air intake just below, as illustrated in attached picture.

I am not sure vertical attachments are strong enough to hold a marker light or spotlight etc.
Hella has dozens of lights to fit in that area but definetly someone should work on this and share the experience;)

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been tossing around a couple ideas for this. Debating between lighting up 3 slots, 4 slots, or all 7 slots. Also between an EL wire type setup outlining the grill slot, or the little single LED like you posted. Also would like them RGB if possible. . Let me know what you decide to do and post some pics

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have these. The white ones in the long slot are edge lit switchback LEDs. White turns amber with the turnsignal flash.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice setup... Which vendor, the tiny amber lights?
I have 1.4 Multiair2 engine, actually my grille is fake, no air passthru therefore no access for running cables etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
nice setup... Which vendor, the tiny amber lights?
I have 1.4 Multiair2 engine, actually my grille is fake, no air passthru therefore no access for running cables etc.
Thanks! The upper grille is also fake for NAFTA market Compasses. So I had to drill holes for the LEDs. Got them from Ebay (10 with holders for $5.99 US$). You can remove the flat panel under the hood and run the wires there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good work, and nice arrangement Eugene.

Actually, I want to go with more noticeble lights as I will drill the panels, like the examples below: (hella valuefit, cheaper versions of Hella products)

or more reliable and good looking will be below one:

or rubber housing with 2 E LED

·
Registered
40 Posts
3 amber leds with 4 hazard switchback white\yellow lights on a remote. Will upload video of lights later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow!! That looks awesome, great work. What LEDs did you put in the grille? That is exactly the look I am going for, thanks for the inspirational photo. Did you wire up with DRLs or low beams? I am thinking they would look good in the day time as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow!! That looks awesome, great work. What LEDs did you put in the grille? That is exactly the look I am going for, thanks for the inspirational photo. Did you wire up with DRLs or low beams? I am thinking they would look good in the day time as well.
Thank you. I got them from pep boys for $20 I believe. They came with threads on them so I drilled through the grill and bolted them from the inside. I installed a DRL switch relay so they come on while the Jeep is running and turn off under 12volts. Very easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts