My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All,

I just bought a used 2010 metallic black Jeep Compass Sport. 2.4L 4 cylinder automatic with 40k miles on it. I'll have pics up probably this weekend. I'm thinking about changing out the antenna with a stubby and I ordered a ProClip for my HTC Evo after seeing that another poster had one installed. I'd also like to add a black mesh to the grill as I don't like seeing the radiator when looking straight on and replace the gas pedal and brake with something a little wider and better looking.

·
Registered
193 Posts
welcome! The mesh would look good but a polished billet grille might look even better with the black paint.

·
Registered
193 Posts
IMO, I would leave it polished, polished looks sweet against a black car... makes it stick out more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason I'm considering painting it is all the trim on the outside is black, with the exception of the rims. I guess I could install it polished and roll with it like that for a few weeks and paint it if I don't like it. I do like the inserts that BeDevil79 has though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I installed the polished billet on my 2010 and it looks sweet against green, I wanted it to stand out also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks pretty sweet. The original buyer put a license plate on the front end so I'd need to fix the holes and repaint it to put the bottom insert in. :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
I do like the inserts that BeDevil79 has though.
Thanks, mine are just the standard 2011/12 grille mesh, no mods there... Does look nice though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice! I think it really would look sweet with the polished grille in the, would really stick out.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Very nice looking ride, congrats and welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! I have to agree, the polished grille would really look sweet, thanks for sharing your pics! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts