My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
These look amazing and have been trying to find similar headlights for my Compass as well, just a little put off paying $800 for headlights from China.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
If you can handle the small gap at the bottom, and can track down a custom wiring harness, the LED DRL and HID projectors for the 2014+ Grand Cherokee WK2 will work.

The non HID Halogen projectors off the 2014+ WK2's will work no problem, the bulb setup is exactly the same as the 2011+ compass

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can handle the small gap at the bottom, and can track down a custom wiring harness, the LED DRL and HID projectors for the 2014+ Grand Cherokee WK2 will work.
Interesting, I don't seem to be able to find any examples of this. Do you know of any?

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts

2011-2013 WK2 headlights are the same part number as our headlights

·
Registered
5 Posts
Apologize if this has been covered before. Couldn't find a thread through searching.

For 2011 2014 Jeep Compass Headlight with LED DRL and Bi Xenon Projector | eBay

Has anyone seen a real world example of this product? The pictures look amazing, but I'm wondering if it works in the real world.

Really into the Grand Cherokee look, but wondering if it's too good to be true.
I ordered these a few days ago but I won't be receiving them until next month. But I will post the images once I install them! Keep a look out in my garage towards the end of May and I might have it posted there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got the projector headlights!

UPDATE: They came in today! But now I need some help. How exactly do you remove the headlights? If anyone can help that would be awesome and thanks ahead of time!

UPDATE #2: So it looks like the connections don't match up except for the turning (amber) light. Before I ordered them they told me they would fit but doesn't look like the connections match up. I've been messaging them to get a more definitive answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi,
i am from hong kong and i think i am gonna order the same headlights as well, hope the following links from the seller helps with your installation, the pictures say it all and according to the seller it would be simply just plug and play

¼ªÆÕ jeepÖ¸ÄÏÕß´óµÆ ¸Ä×°´óµÆ ´óµÆ×Ü³É ðÞÆø´óµÆ Ö¸ÄÏÕ߸Ä×°-ÌÔ±¦Íø

Ö¸ÄÏÕß´óµÆ×Ü³É ¼ªÆÕ¸Ä×°Q5Ë«¹â͸¾µðÞÆøµÆ ´óÇÐŵ»ù¿îLEDÈÕÐеÆ-ÌÔ±¦Íø

looks like the chinese has came up with the steering adaptive version as well :)

cheers!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think the headlights above aren't the same ones as the ones Tyler initially modified. I could be wrong...
I have seen these Compass Projector headlights on EBay for like 700$+. They only ship from China.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Agreed, A few vendors on ebay will have them "Buy it now" or "best offer" , I've tried to low ball it , and offer 300.. and of course they declined it every time and counter-offer it like 695$... I mean honestly, you know it's not worth that much.. I'm also curious to see how these look

·
Registered
5 Posts
they are selling them locally in china on ÌÔ±¦º£ÍâÈ«ÇòÕ¾Ê×Ò³ (amazon like chinese website) for about $1700 Rmb per headlight so in pair would come around 550usd . With shipping all the way to usa or canada i guess it would cost another 100 usd at least. You guys can google something like taobao shipping forwarder to save a bit of money.
As far as i know these headlights all comes from the same factory in china near shanghai (which is the only factory who developed the molding tools specifically for jeep compass headlight), then it's up to the local shops to put on different chinese made HID on it, that's why the light varies from different sellers.
I dont quite trust the chinese made HID as I don't want to set my jeep on fire so I am asking the seller whether i can mount standard halogen or aftermarket led from manufacturer like PIAA or IPF.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
If you want to modify the housings of the 2014+ WK2 projector headlamps and a bit of extra wiring you can have something like I have.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed the Chinese made led headlamp which came with Chinese made hid with ballast all hidden inside the dust cover. Total time used 2 hours mostly just on removing the bumper. Just plug and play No computer errors run just fine for the last whole week.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
That looks fantastic, wasn't cost effective for me to get these lights, but I think we can both say we got headlights like no other compass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In looking at getting those headlights myself. I know this thread is going on 2 years old but if anyone out there has installed these I would like to know how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You can't drive on the highway with them. They will give a lot of light but if anyone is coming towards you it would be blinding. Like driving into the sun when its low.

I won't be even close to legal. Ok for lanes and back road/off roading. The light has no real directional control.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts