My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen examples of Calibers, Patriots, and Compasses with the painted muffler mod on other forums, but could not find an "official" thread on the subject here. I thought I would start one to see if some folks could provide pictures/examples of their Compass and to inform others of a pretty easy way to reduce the eyesore that is the Chrysler World Engine muffler.

I have not done this mod yet for one simple reason - I've never seen an example of one of the light colored (white or silver) Compasses with the mod!

Black? Blends in perfectly.
Red/Orange? It actually looks really cool!
Green? Not as cool as the Red/Orange, but hides it very well.

Can anyone provide example pics of a white or silver Compass with the black muffler mod?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Painted mine flat black with hi temp paint. It looks much better than the two tone oxidized muffler. Much less noticeable.

Will post an after picture as soon as I get a camera issue resolved.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Here's what it looks like.............

BEFORE:

AFTER

Looks pretty cool........not much of an eye sore anymore !!!!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Thank you............Welcome back..................how was the graduation ????

I am comptemplating (not sure about the writing here) the idea with the carbon fiber .......Like my license plate...........would like to see it though............

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to post a pic as I've done the deed... although was in such a rush to get it done I didn't take a before pic!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know, it's kind of nice to see your color with the muffler blacked out. I had to find a silver Patriot with the black muffler to decide to go for it.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Never took the damn thing out...........just taped it with old newspaper and it did the trick and voilâ !

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Good luck and post pictures once you'll hit the 15 posts mark .......

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Gotta say, Ffl, that looks great, I like it! Definitely looks much better! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did the same but painted my muffler in gloss black hi temp paint several months ago. Only one draw back is that you'll have to touch it up from time to time due to road debris from off road driving. Black on black looks much better.

Black is beautiful

1 - 17 of 17 Posts