My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone hope you're all good.

This is my first post on here so wondering if anyone can help at all. I purchased a brand new jeep compass Nighteagle 3 months ago and have only just started to notice this. But After driving in the car for around 30 min I begin to hear a squeak almost toward the back left of the vehicle, whenever the car is going over any type of road. Particularly notice it more when I'm on the motorway.

I want to try fix this at home so does anyone have any idea what I can do or what it may be?

Thank you

·
Registered
181 Posts
First I would see if you can reproduce the sound by pushing down on the rear end and if so, get someone else to push while you look, listen and even feel for the squeak.

·
Registered
6 Posts
First I would see if you can reproduce the sound by pushing down on the rear end and if so, get someone else to push while you look, listen and even feel for the squeak.
Personally i would take it to the dealer if it is too annoying. Im my experience, listing the bugs on a new car and having it fixed by the dealer in the first year is always solved for free under warranty. I found that this works a lot better than leacing it as is or trying to fix yourself.. and it also prevent a lot of cost towards the future where the problems may increase!

·
Registered
6 Posts
By the way, what is your gas consuption. My limited 2020 1.3t has averaged 10.7l/100km .. only drove 1000 km until now. I think that's pretty high but hope it will get better:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts