My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have coolant in the expansion tank? You know, the one that's in the engine compartment next to the windshield washer resivoir. If it's a computer module problem, well that's beyond the common sense approach. I hope that you get yours fixed and I hope that I don't experience your same problems! Are these 2.4 engines going to last for the long haul? I hope so, mines got over 50,000 miles on it.
My compass has close to 400k miles on it and it is still running strong. The overheating problem just started in mine I’m taking it to the shop today. All signs point to thermostats.

·
Super Moderator
1,625 Posts
My compass has close to 400k miles on it and it is still running strong. The overheating problem just started in mine I’m taking it to the shop today. All signs point to thermostats.
While sensors can go south (O2 sensors fairly often), usually the sensor is right. That's what it's there for. Thermostats used to be an easy DIY job. Never had one fail on any of my most recent cars, going back to the mid-'90s. I changed out a couple thermostats on my pre-1990 vehicles.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts