My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought the service manual on CD and am having problems with the Wiring diagrams. The service manual part is okay but the "Wiring Information" section gives an error message: "unspecified SIE-Type"" passed to frameset" whenever I try to access a diagram.

Has anyone else bought the CD and had this problem?

I've not yet got through to the DC Tech Authority to ask them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased the DVD for the 2007 Ram Truck and am having the same problem "unspecified SIE-Type"" passed to frameset". Have you contacted tech support and if so did they have a answer that worked?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I contacted the Daimler Chrysler Tech Authority and all they could say was that they just sell the manuals (print and CDs). They don't make or service the CDs from a software point of view. They had no idea who could help.

They did put me onto the Chysler Customer Service Line, and after going through about ten connections, it appears no one at Chysler handles the CD tech problems. They suggested that I go to my local dealer with the complete problem itemized and written down and get them to earn their money by finding an answer.

I went to my daughter's computer which still had IE 6 on it. I got it to run but it was so slow. It took at least a minute to access a page, then thirty seconds to go back to the menu to find another page.

I'll see the dealer next week and see if they can help.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I saw a post on eBay about a repair manual CD. It said that the manual only worked with computers with Internet Explorer 6, not 7. So if you have IE 7, that's likely you're problem. What version of IE are you running?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Only thing you have to do is delete the IE 7 from the add/remove program in window control panel.

Good luck and enjoy your CD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This problem, certainly with browsers and not with the car manufacturers, was addressed on another forum, I think I read it on one dedicated to the Jeep Patriot. Apparently there is an add on you can load on to your browser to make it work with more modern browsers, including Firefox and Chrome in addition to later versions of IE. Google search it and you will find.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Yeah they are HTML based manual with scripts running which are blocked by newer browsers as well due to security risks. I have one for my Compass but with the browser upgraded 2-3 version since I got it. I find it a royal pain to get into much of any of it. Normally a half hour and then sometimes locked out and have to start again. Start it in compatibility mode IE 7 might get you in but other problems may show up.

The OEM DVD is quite expensive and I am surprised you can't talk to anyone. Dealers have dedicated computers for their mechanics so they're configure for one purpose. Accessing the repair information, TSB's etc

I have indicated in the past if you buy a digital manual get one that is PDF which you can read on anything and print the pages for working on the vehicle problem. Even writing notes and tests on it as you go.

I can be done but do you want to spend the tine cracking the process. I haven't loaded mine for a year now. Oh and mine wasn't the OEM manual either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts