My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Compass was rewarded this week with a "Jeep" shift knob. Also attached are two pics of my new Uniden BC125AT scanner with Smiley 5/8 Slim Duck Antenna tuned for 160 MHz (the railroad frequency). My brother-in-law custom made the holder for the scanner out of a piece of aluminum. Another step taken to make my Compass the greatest railfan vehicle ever :wigglesmiley:

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! Where did you get that shift knob from? How hard was the install?
I ordered it through the dealer. Part #: 5273590AB. I had the dealership install it but it is simple to do...just get a firm grip on the original knob and PULL! PULL! PULL!. The old one pops off and the new one will just pop on. Cost is about $20.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it would be more than $20 from the dealership.
I have purchased two shift knobs (one for the Patriot and one for the Compass) from the dealership in Cairo and both were around $20 each.

·
Registered
27 Posts
entertainment center

would love to follow your lead on the radio install, can you give me some spec;s on what to order?

My Compass was rewarded this week with a "Jeep" shift knob. Also attached are two pics of my new Uniden BC125AT scanner with Smiley 5/8 Slim Duck Antenna tuned for 160 MHz (the railroad frequency). My brother-in-law custom made the holder for the scanner out of a piece of aluminum. Another step taken to make my Compass the greatest railfan vehicle ever :wigglesmiley:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts