My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 07 manual compass rallye, love it. I was wondering though, what performance add ons will or will not void the vehicles warranty? Anyone know a good information resource ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it turns out, after a little research, that a warranty can and will be void, for that particular instance, if it is determined that the product installed, IF NOT CHRYSLER/MOPAR APPROVED, caused the associated failure of the components in question. This is just in regards to non evasive performance add ons...... cold air intake, exhaust, etc. If the performance add on is approved by CHRYSLER/MOPAR and correctly installed by an approved technician the associated repairs will still fall under warranty guidelines, but dont be fooled, that still doesnt cover wear and tear.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It will be interesting to see how good the warranty really is. I for one plan on keeping my Compass for a very long time and expect the engine and transmission to be repaired if either fails for as long as I own it. I am a stickler for maintenance and I keep complete records.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts