My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Compass sales clearing up for May

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Neely2005 
#1 ·
It will be a few days until I can get the CDN numbers separate..

Canadian sales of the Compass, Caliber and Patriot 4,241 units which was very good.

In the US predictably the patriot outsold the compass

caliber - 12,052
compass - 3,735
patriot 4,504

with a total sales base last month of just ovr 20 thousand units, the triplets are selling right around where I expectexd them too (hopefully eek up to 22k).

Now i've been adamant about the fact that pricewise dcx undermined the sales of the compass making the patriot cheaper but by the looks of things the compass is hovering around 4k a month sold. My guess is that depitesharing some common market, there are customers obviously from all 3 and they will gain from having the flexible manufcturing processes in belvidere.

as for the compatriot twins, I'm not sure who can bitch about 9-10k extra unit sales per month.

See less See more
#2 ·
WELL WELL WELL
finally got the breakout in canada!

1055 Compasses
1077 Patriots
2109 Calibers (caliber sales down)

These models as a trio are a nice touch to chrysler's sales here.

YTD, Jeep compass still the best selling jeep model in Canada.

So compass for may was

4,790 North America.

FYI, chrysler sales outside NA jumped 24% in may. Caliber was the bst selling model, no concrete details on anything else.

#4 ·
Neely2005 said:
Do you have June's numbers yet?
june was

compass
us 3393
can 895
4,288 total

patriot
us 4633
can 1102
5,635 total

caliber
us 10,815
can 1,877
12,692 total

July was for the most part in the industry poor for sales, actually more like AWFUL.. No cdn numbers yet specifically but the US:

compass 2,591
patriot 3,317
caliber 5,305

Canada sales says: Total Jeep brand vehicle sales increased 68.4 per cent for a new July monthly high, driven by strong performance of Grand Cherokee, Compass, Patriot and the new Wrangler

#7 ·
Re: Best Month Ever?

Neely2005 said:
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-01-2007/0004637431&EDATE=

Best Month Ever for US Compass Sales.

:!:
No, they said "best July ever". They only sold 707 last July because it was it's first month out. They could have said "third worst month ever" and that would have been accurate as well. :shock: :x 8) .... worst month this year by a lot!!! Americans just aren't buying them like they should be 8)

#8 ·
Re: Best Month Ever?

Webmaster said:
Neely2005 said:
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-01-2007/0004637431&EDATE=

Best Month Ever for US Compass Sales.

:!:
No, they said "best July ever". They only sold 707 last July because it was it's first month out. They could have said "third worst month ever" and that would have been accurate as well. :shock: :x 8) .... worst month this year by a lot!!! Americans just aren't buying them like they should be 8)
Here's a Direct Quote from the link "-- Jeep Compass has best month ever". (US)

Then further on it says "Posting its best July
ever, the Jeep Compass finished July with sales of 2,591 units, up from
July 2006 when the vehicle made its debut. Compass is a modern-styled
vehicle that broadens the global appeal of the Jeep brand and achieves 30
miles per gallon or better in highway driving."

Kind of contradicts itself...
:?:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.