My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There appears to be NO OTHER WAY to mount a roof rack to my 2009 Compass other than the Mopar Sport Utility Bars and they have been unavailable for several months with no estimated resolution!!!

My Thanksgiving camping trip is getting very close and I really need to be able to carry my canoe.

Does anyone have another solution for a roof rack on a Compass?
Does anyone have a set of bars they want to sell?

This is getting very frustrating as I am reading there are numerous shortages of parts for this car as a result of financial trouble with vendors! I am wondering if I have made a big mistake chosing a car from a bankrupt manufacturer!

Help? Thoughts?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I understand your need too well . . . you've got to keep trying . . . the Mopar bars really to the job. . . first class . . . I hate to recommend foam blocks to carry the canoe . . . primitive . . . but I don't believe that Thule or Yakima have come up with a package for our cars yet, although I did notice a Patriot with an other than Mopar rack . . . so maybe check out Thule or Yakima.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Actually on the Thule website they do list the bars in 2 different styles along with the accessories you can get. I've looked at them but I can't justify the cost for the amount I will be using them.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The mopar bars with the carry attachments for a canoe were not to cheap either. If you are going to drive with a canoe on top is has to be attached solidly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave up on ever seeing the Sport Utility Bars and incorporated an elevated canoe rack while rebuilding my box trailer I will pull with the Compass. Would have loved to have the bars but rebuilt my entire trailer for less than the cost of the bars.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
oh,oh................I feel an answer coming along........

·
Registered
656 Posts
Pulling is Great

I like your solution . . . pulling the canoe is great.
Beats hoisting it roof top, just make sure the canoe is solid on the trailer, harmonic vibrations are a killer.

Oh ya, keep your eyes open for a Lunch Box floating down the Delaware lol.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That was pretty good, i2, had to keep reading to see what ya' were gonna' come up with, lol! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.