My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen any fellow Compass owners driving down the road? Post up where you saw them, the date and approx time. I'll start first: Spotted a blk 07-10 Compass heading South on I-5 just before Lynnwood WA in the late afternoon last Wednesday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Other Compasses that I've seen.

I work the night shift at the Mpls. VA Hospital. When I leave work in the morning, the day shift is already there. Someone who works days has a Compass in a army green color (sorry, I don't know the actual name for the color).

Also, there is a dog groomer in the shopping center that I frequent near my house. When we had our Sable Wagon, someone from the dog groomers had a similar Taurus. Once we got our Compass, they got a Tan colored Compass.

One of my husband's co-workers has a 2009 Compass that is the exact match as ours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a coincidence that they got a compass after you guys got one, lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i remember when i got my 08 compass in January 09 and i'd be lucky if i saw one compass a week. Now i see sell plenty of the older body style and ill see 2-3 of the new body style a week.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
i remember when i got my 08 compass in January 09 and i'd be lucky if i saw one compass a week. Now i see sell plenty of the older body style and ill see 2-3 of the new body style a week.
Yep same thing here. Seeing a lot more of the older body styles. A few new ones as well. I watch out for them a lot more now though :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
We were camping this weekend at a Resort in Wisconsin. On Saturday afternoon, we were headed out going to town for groceries, and as we were leaving the campground, a silver Compass with Indiania plates was pulling in. Later that night, we were up by the lodge, and my husband and I started talking to some fellow campers. and I noticed that the wife had an Indiania Colts t-shirt on. So I asked if they were the owners of a Jeep Compass. Their reply was yes, which led to a discussion of our Compasses. They ended up inviting us to go out fishing with them on Labor Day, but we had to pass as we had to pack up early, so I could get some sleep before had to go to work that evening.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We were camping this weekend at a Resort in Wisconsin. On Saturday afternoon, we were headed out going to town for groceries, and as we were leaving the campground, a silver Compass with Indiania plates was pulling in. Later that night, we were up by the lodge, and my husband and I started talking to some fellow campers. and I noticed that the wife had an Indiania Colts t-shirt on. So I asked if they were the owners of a Jeep Compass. Their reply was yes, which led to a discussion of our Compasses. They ended up inviting us to go out fishing with them on Labor Day, but we had to pass as we had to pack up early, so I could get some sleep before had to go to work that evening.
hahah nice! :super:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I remember when I first got my Compass in Dec. of '06. The dealership finally got one in so I could test drive it. In fact, they had two, a green one and the silver one I ended up with. At the time I was the only one in my area who had a Compass. All of a sudden, one day, I'm on the way home and coming in the opposite direction wasn't just another Compass but another silver one lol! Was kind of weird, almost like watching me watching myself drive. There are a few Compasses around here as I still see a couple silver ones and a black one in town.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
42 Posts
maybe its just me . but I've found that when you own a certain car you tend to see alot of them , I had a New beetle few years ago and saw them all over , when I sold it I didnt see as many. since I bought my compass I saw more and more running around and recently found 4 others that are the same color as mine :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
hahah true!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't seen ONE darn Jeep Compass down here in Florida since I got my 2011 on Thursday. Its true that you start looking out for them, but, I haven't even seen an older body style Compass... lots of Libertys, Patriots, and Cherokees though. :(

·
Registered
308 Posts
When we had a Patriot, there were lots around, now we have a Compass and see a lot more of those instead. Always seems to be white, silver or black 2011's - saw 1 red just after we got ours (old couple at supermarket!) but it had standard tires, nothing extra, looked a bit plain.

Worst though is when I see a 2011 Ford Edge in red, like I did today, I tried real hard to ignote it but its what I really wanted :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
BeDevil79 stay focused on the price differential. That's what I remind myself of every time I see a 2012 Wrangler. ~$24K versus ~$31K

·
Registered
656 Posts
One Compass per Km.

Yesterday I gave a count on the way to work.
7 Compasses spotted in the 6km journey.
All first generation design, which i do find more eye-catching.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I'm actually starting to see a few more 2011's, more now it seems than when the Compass first came out, so hopefully Compass is catching on!

- Cherokee

·
Registered
308 Posts
Out and about in the snow today and finally saw another Red 2011 (or 12) - got to park next to it. It was vanilla 4x2, but had the wheels on still so looked pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Jeepguy. How close is Meadville to Grove City? I traded my 2009 Inferno red sport 4x4 at Grove City Jeep. If you ever see one with a silver pinstripe it was mine. It was a great car but when I first saw the 2011 I had to have that front end. If you look in the gallery have have photos of both. I rode throught the lot a South Hills Jeep today and saw a Rescue Green Sport with the Off road package. Not sure about that color on a Compass. I think it will date your car if they don't use it next year. Anyone on here have one that color? I think it's better to stay with the standard colors so when you keep it in perfect shape people don't know how old it is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts