My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Compass towing and hauling pictures

I just received my curt class 3 hitch and put my moto carrier to the test. It has 8" clearance loaded and 10 1/2" clearance unloaded. I had a 4x4 pathfinder prior to this that had a high hitch and ground clearance. I am interested to see how this load handles on the hwy. The load is about 350-360 tongue weight.

Lets see some more pictures with our Comp's doing duty!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see how it behaves on the hwy. I am thinking of ways to increase the ground clearance when I have the moto loaded. I go to Hare Scramble races in the boonies of Florida and 8" to the center support on the carrier seems a little low. One idea I had was to add one more square aluminum tube to the top to give me a few more inches of clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some updated pictures

I did some alterations to the carrier and gained 1/2" of ground clearance. I used a wooden shim under to lift the carrier a tad. My moto hitch has a anti rattle device which keeps everything stable. My next mod is to find a good fab shop to add one more piece of square tubing to the vertical bar so that the front tire does not stick out so far. Maybe they can come up with a good plan to get another couple inches of clearance.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts