My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AC has not been working for a while. I finally got a diagnosis. Two, actually. One automotive place told me it was the computer to take it to the dealer, which I did. They told me the clutch had melted into the compressor and gave me a price of between $1600 and $2000 to fix. I wanted to know whether that seems to be an excessive price? Does that diagnosis require something extra other than replacing the compressor? That seems like a high price for a new compressor. Also, my AC is not making any noise which I have read is a symptom of a clutch fail. It does not blow cool, but that is about all. One other small thing, and it may be unrelated. Automotive technicians keep telling me it is. Both my AC and radio went out after a repair after an accident. Recently, I looked at the fuses to see if the fuses were bad. The fuses were fine, but after I took them out and put them back in the radio started working intermittently. I will pop on and off if I hit a bump. My question is, could I have a weird issue with my fuses? Some sort of wiring problem from the fuse box to wherever it goes to do whatever it does? Just seems like a weird coincidence.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts