My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all football fans out there and especially the the forum members from the Louisiana area ..............Congratulation and let the party begin !!!!!

Just imagine winning the Super Bowl one week before Mardi Gras............this is going to be one hell of a party !!!!! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was like New Year's Eve all over again around here last night! Fireworks were going off all over, boat,car horns were blowing, you could hear people screaming in the distance. Not too many people are going to work this morning. Some businesses are shut down. During the game there was no cars on any of the roads! It was like the city in the movie "Omegaman". At this writing, it's coming alive somewhat as I notice traffic on the nearby boulevard. Oh well, it's over! New Orleans has a brand new Saints team, a brand new mayor and heah come da Mardi Gras! So what's new with you!:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
I bought new shoe laces. Seems rather dull compared to your news......

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeah Smoke, but where you are you guys have such beauty everywhere! New Orleans just has architecture but no other real beauty. It's flat, full of street signs and billboards, roads are pothole city and it's pretty dirty most of the time.

·
Registered
381 Posts
As with lots of places, New Orleans has history attatched to it. From it's founding by the French, and rule by the Spanish. It survived the civil war, riots, floods, and the mob. From the world fair in 1884, desegregation, and finally I couldn't end without mentioning voodoo. New Orleans is rich in history, you're hardy people that keep going no matter what happens.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
It was like New Year's Eve all over again around here last night! Fireworks were going off all over, boat,car horns were blowing, you could hear people screaming in the distance. Not too many people are going to work this morning. Some businesses are shut down. During the game there was no cars on any of the roads! It was like the city in the movie "Omegaman". At this writing, it's coming alive somewhat as I notice traffic on the nearby boulevard. Oh well, it's over! New Orleans has a brand new Saints team, a brand new mayor and heah come da Mardi Gras! So what's new with you!:D

That's exactly what it was like where I live, too! Heck even the local fire dept. was riding around just honking their horns!!! We had a blast and our boys done good, it was a culmination of a lot of things for a lot of people! Congrats on the new mayor BTW, hopefully this one will be better!!! Who Dat Won Dat! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a giant Saints victory parade scheduled to start at 5PM. local time. It will be a unique and once in a lifetime parade with 12 marching bands, jet fly overs, Steam fire engines, Budweiser Clydesdales, celebrity singers, and all 250 Saints and staff will ride floats from every carnival organization due to parade on Mardi Gras Day. Should be very special to say the least.

You can watch the live web cast at this link. 5PM Central Standard Time.
http://www.nola.com/live/index.ssf/2010/02/catch_the_new_orleans_saints_p.html
:-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts